Never Give up the Hope of Living
In this recorded conversation with a friend, Alison Willson described her reactions to the news that she was going to die of cancer. The conv
Isn't It Good to Speak a Foreign Language?
"You really are a lucky dog. "
Many peole assume that admission into the Institute of Foreign Trade means not only a farewell t
Thieves Beware : People See You
Each year car theft costs us about ￡300 million, and burglary sets us back by another ￡150 million.
Yet the police reckon that one car in
Do You Know Your Own Character?
You're a hard and conscientiou's worker if you were born in the year of the Ox and you set about everything in a methodical and de
Thoughts on the Spring Festival
My first Spring Festival in north China was a bit of a shock. Where was the spring? There was snow on the ground and ice on the Summer Palace
Who Did It?
Inspector Chester of Scotland Yard soon arrived on the scene of the crime. When the newspapermen saw him getting out of the car they immediately realised that mat
The Voices of Time
Time talks. It speaks more plainly than words. Time communicates in many ways.
Consider the different parts of the day, for example. The time of the day
There Are Two Sides to Everything
I had a most exasperating and frustrating experience with the hospital today: But Granny had it much worse. First she was the victim of an a
Is It an Ideal Career?
I am not an extreme feminist. I am not an extreme anything. However, I am a firm believer in equality and freedom. I think we are all entitled to the s
The Perfect Match
I walked into the office and shook hands with a smiling man named Mr Bleaucher. He was dressed very well, compared to me. He shuffled a pile of papers like
Want to Kill Yourself ?
I wonder whether smoking is as harmful as doctors make us believe it to be? Some of the things they say are really hair-raising, and even if only half
Don't They Feel Ashamed of Themselves?
We were at the terminus and as a bus had just left, there were only the two of us. "We're sure to get good seats," I thought to mysel
Tell Us About Your Hobbies
JOHN: What I like most, I suppose, is the fact that it's so unusual. I mean, when I
tell people what I do,they just look at me usually as if I
All For a Son
The desire for a son and heir is common to all mankind. In our country, especially, to have as many male descendents as possible has always been regarded as the
Why Are They So Unlucky?
I wonder why so many shop-assistants are so foultempered? Inspite of so many "campaigns" to improve the services in the past years, we see no apprec
How to Improve Your Study Habits
Maybe you are an average student with an average intellect.You pass most of your subjects. You occasionally get good grades, but they are usu
Why Go to School?
MATTHEW: Lesley, you're a teacher. How does the English school system work?
LESLEY: Um, well, first of all most children start school at the age of fi
What Does Friendship Mean to You?
Mr Brooks, Martin, Robert and Jean are being interviewed on subject of friendship. Mr BROOKS: I consider friendship to be one of the most i
How to Keep Fit
Ten years ago I used to be very fit. T cycled to work and I got a lot of exercise at the weekends. I used to play tennis a lot and go for long walks. In those
Jennifer got off the bus from the university and began walking towards the flat she shared with two other students. On her way she had to buy some food
Remembering My Grandparents
When memory began for me, my grandfather was past sixty-a great tall man with thick hair becoming gray. He had black eyes and a straight nose whic
What's Wrong with Them?
I'm forty and married with two children. My trouble is that I haven't got enough to do. The kids are at school all day and the house is empty. So
What Sports Do They Enjoy?
Not all people like to wnrk but everyone likes to play. All over the world men and women and boys and girls enjoy sports. iends the days of long ag
Is He a Good Neighbour?
You and your family have been living in the same six-family apartment building for eight years. The landlord's family also lives there, and, generall
- 1每日一句 英語句子
- 3國際英語新聞:AU urges closer public-private partnership to realize continental development ambitions
- 4國內英語新聞:Chinese lawmakers deliberate preschool education, economic reports
- 5國際英語新聞:U.S. Fed officials warn of downside risks from rising trade uncertainty
- 6國內英語新聞:Vice premier stresses black earth protection in northeast
- 7國際英語新聞:Spotlight: Divided G7 starts tough summit with trade tensions high on agenda
- 8國內英語新聞:HKSAR chief executive calls for dialogue to solve problems
- 9國際英語新聞:Spotlight: Turkey to continue gas search off Cyprus despite int'l warnings
- 10國內英語新聞:China firmly opposes U.S. tariff hikes on Chinese imports
- 1國際英語新聞:Feature: Anti-G7 protest held to express disagreements
- 2國際英語新聞:Turkey aims to invest in Lebanon: Turkish FM
- 3國際英語新聞:Italian president to decide on snap elections next week after new round of talks
- 4國際英語新聞:2 policemen killed, 1 injured in firing in Pakistan's Islamabad
- 5國際英語新聞:UN official calls for "genuine dialogue" to avoid confrontation in Middle East
- 6國際英語新聞:UN commemorates fallen colleagues in 2003 Baghdad attack
- 7國際英語新聞:Chinese tourists injured in bus accident in Moscow
- 8國際英語新聞:Clashes with Israeli soldiers in eastern Gaza wound 63 Palestinians: medics
- 9國際英語新聞:Fire guts Bangladesh plastic factory
- 10國際英語新聞:Interview: U.S. financial industry veteran optimistic about U.S.-China relations