MRS RAMIREZ: I told you, Carlos! It's impossible to understand that map! Why don't we go by cab?
MR RAMIREZ: But I want to go by subway, Conchita!Look, we’re here in Washdo
HUGO:Is that letter ready yet, Lucy?
LUCY: I've nearly finished it, Mr Peters.
HUGO:Well, post it as soon as it's ready, please. I'm just going to the bookstore.
LUCY: Hugo Pete
Carlos Ramirez Visits Washdon - by Kristi Schmidt
A particularly interesting visitor to Washdon this week is the Mexican multi-millionaire Carlos Ramirez.
For those of you
ROWLAND: This is Brighton Station. It's a busy station. Many passengers travel up to London every day from here. I'm going to talk to one or two of the passengers now. Let's tal
PRIEST: Welcome to St. Stephen's Church on this happy day! We are here to celebrate the wedding of David and Juanita. Does anyone here know of any reason why David and Juanita sho
HUGO: I want to speak to Roger Temple.
ROGER: Ah, it's you, Hugo. Well?
HUGO: Look, Roger, I think I know where I can get your money and your passport. It'll just t
A wonderful thing has happened to me: they are sending me to Trinidad to try to catch Hugo Peters, Roger, and “The Boss”. I'm standing in the Airport while
DAVID: This is the life, right? Just sitting here on this beach, having a drink or two, watching the world go by. This is the way to live!
JUANITA: David, I'll go crazy if we stay
MATTHEW: My name's Matthew, and I work at the Virgin Record Store in Brighton, and I'm a sales assistant.
CLARE: How long have you actually worked here?
MATTHEW: Two years.
TAXI DRIVER: Look, where we going man? I tell you there's nothing up this road.
ROGER: Take the next left.
TAXI DRIVER: But there's only a farm up there. Just a few fruit trees,
The Universe Hotel,
Port of Spain,
This is just to say that Juanita and I are having a marvellous honeymoon here on Trinidad. Ther
JOHN: Where’s the phone booth? It’s just around the corner, I think - ah, here it is!
JOHN: Clive: 011 621 8056. Let’s hope he's in.
1ST GIRL: ...so did you take
ROWLAND: Well, I'm here at Southampton Eastleigh Airport on the South Coast of England. It's a small airport with destinations for their flights to the Channel Islands of Guernse
DUDU: Have we got everything now?
SASA: Yeah, I guess so.
JOHN: Hey! How come you've got a Plastic Box van?
DUDU: It's Sasa's Dad's company. He's the Chairman, or something.
The New Music Weekly - 2nd April
by Mike Pinhead.
It's been a good year for new bands and one of the most interesting so far is Washdon duo Nervous Equipme
HELEN: I'm WPC Helen Hanks, and I'm stationed at Lewes Police Station, which is in the county of Sussex in England.
STEPHEN: My name is Stephen Rowle. I'm a Police Constable in
SECRETARY: There it is - the black Toyota! Go!
ROGER: What fools! Did they really think I was stupid enough to stay in the car? Aah, I knew he was going to try and kill me. I'll g
HUGO: Annie, please! Are you there?
CHRIS: Here we go. Hey, are you Annie's dad?
HUGO: Yes, and I want to -
CHRIS: Get lost!
HUGO: What? Look here, young man, I want to see my dau
The Marlborough Hotel
101 Grand Avenue
As I haven't heard anything from you for quite a long time, I thought I'd write you this little letter, just to g
ROWLAND: John - you are a professional broadcaster and journalist and you're also very keen on football. When did that interest start?
JOHN: As a small boy. And I think you'll fi
THACKER: So is that all that happened in Trinidad, Carter? It cost us thousands of dollars to send you there, so that you could speak to Hugo Peters about the view over the Island.
SUSAN: I suppose I'd better go out and do some shopping. Can I just go out like this? I'll have a look at myself. My God! I look awful. I suppose I'll have to wash my face, and
ROWLAND: Myra - you're a professionally trained marriage counsellor. Could you describe your work?
MYRA: Yes, we deal with any type of relationship issue that comes our way. We us
MARCO: Come in!
MARCO: Oh hello, Mary! I wasn't expecting you. What a surprise to see you, and, er…
MARY: I was just passing, so I thought I'd say “Hi”, and in
- 1每日一句 英語句子
- 2CRI聽力:83-year old conductor gives no-intermission 2-hour show in Beijing
- 3CRI聽力:Adelaide Symphony Orchestra performs in Beijing
- 4CRI聽力:Huawei to release new Honor phones on 5g network in Nov
- 7國內英語新聞:China Focus: Third-generation hybrid rice achieves high yields in China
- 8國際英語新聞:Protests continue across Lebanon despite PM's reform measures
- 9國內英語新聞:China to advance energy revolution, enhance global cooperation: vice premier
- 10國際英語新聞:Feature: U.S. farmer hopes trade with China "coming back quickly" amid harvest season
- 1國際英語新聞:British PM's Brexit timetable rejected by parliament
- 2國際英語新聞:Norway's PM visits Baghdad to boost ties
- 3國際英語新聞:People march in central London demanding final say on Brexit deal
- 4國際英語新聞:Israel's Netanyahu, Pompeo discuss Syrian, Iranian issues
- 5國際英語新聞:EU, Britain reach new Brexit deal
- 6國際英語新聞:Kuwait committed to supporting Arab joint social development work: minister
- 7國際英語新聞:IMF lowers global growth forecast for 2019 to 3 pct
- 8國際英語新聞:British monarch reopens parliament in crunch week for Brexit
- 9國際英語新聞:Erdogan says Turkish forces to push 30-35 km into Syrian territory
- 10國際英語新聞:2 dead, 70 injured as Typhoon Hagibis makes landfall on Japan's Izu Peninsula