Scent of a Woman
(S = Lt. Colonel Frank Slade; T = Mr Trask, the headmaster of Baird School)
S: This is such a crock of shit.
T: Please watch your language, Mr. Slade, you are in the Baird s
Teachers Are People
Today, more than ever before, education is playing an important role in the teaching of children. The school has become a vital part of every community, drawing children from ev
（William Shakespeare ）
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
Captain!My Captain!Our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the be
Mr. Holland's opus
My - My apologies for my tardiness, and uh, Principle Walters, I’d like to know. Yes, I brought a note for my mother. Mr Holland had a profound influence on my life, on a lot o
She Walks in Beauty
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies；
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes；
Thus mellowed to
The Road Not Taken （未選擇的路）
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
A Red, Red Rose
O My luve’s* like a red, red rose，
That’s newly sprung in June；
O my luve’s like the melodie，
That’s sweetly play’d in tune．
As fair art thou, my bonnie las
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
Sundays too my father got up early
and put his clothes on in the blue black cold,
then with cracked hands that ached
from labor in the weekday weather made
Fair daffodils，we weep to see
you haste away so soon；
as yet the early-rising sun
has not attain'd his noon.
until the hasting day
but to t
Hope is the thing with feathers
Hope" is the thing with feathers—
That perches in the soul—
And sings the tune without the words—
And never stops—at all—
And sweetest — in the Ga
Spring is coming, spring is coming,
Birdies, build your nest;
Weave together straw and feather,
Doing each your best.
Spring is coming, spring is coming,
Flowers are comi
DO YOU FEAR THE WIND?
DO you fear the force of the wind,
The slash of the rain?
Go face them and fight them,
Be savage again.
Go hungry and cold like the wolf,
Go wade like the
The tree has entered my hands,
The sap has ascended my arms,
The tree has grown in my breast-
The branches grow out of me, like arms.
Tree you are,
Moss you are,
The night is beautiful,
So the faces of my people.
The stars are beautiful,
So the eyes of my people.
Beautiful, also, is the sun.
Beautiful, also, are the souls of my p
I would liken you
To a night without stars
Were it not for your eyes.
I would liken you
To a sleep without dreams
Were it not for your songs.
By langston Hughes
“My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah,my foes, and oh,my friends-
It gives a lovely light!"
-----Edna St. Vincent Millay
Vice President Johnson, Mr. Speaker, Mr. Chief Justice, President Eisenhower, Vice President Nixon, President Truman, reverend clergy, fellow citizens, we observe today not a v
Remarks in welcoming ceremonies in Xi'an
Mayor Fang, Governor Cheng, Secretary Li:
Ni Men Hao! Thank you for the key to your city and for this magnificent welcome. Here in this ancient capital,
President Bush addresses Nation on space shuttle Columbia tragedy
My fellow Americans, this day has brought terrible news and great sadness to our country. At 9:00 a.m. this morning, Mission Contro
I stand before you today, the representative of a family in grief, in a country in mourning, before a world in shock.
We are all united, not only in our desire to pay our respect
The fog comes on little cat feet.
It sits looking.
Over harbor and cityon silent haunches
and then moves on.
By Carl Sandgurg
- 1每日一句 英語句子
- 4國內英語新聞:Xi urges Chinese air force to enhance capability to win
- 5國際英語新聞:Ebola death toll in DRC rises to 1,965 with "substantial but stable" transmission intensit
- 6國內英語新聞:Top legislature hears law enforcement, economic reports
- 7國際英語新聞:Iran's FM says talks with France over nuke deal "constructive"
- 8國內英語新聞:China-Northeast Asia Expo opens in NE China
- 9國際英語新聞:S. Africa to promote African interests at G7 summit: Presidency
- 10國內英語新聞:China to impose additional tariffs on U.S. imports worth 75 bln USD
- 1國際英語新聞:Turkey aims to invest in Lebanon: Turkish FM
- 2國際英語新聞:Italian president to decide on snap elections next week after new round of talks
- 3國際英語新聞:2 policemen killed, 1 injured in firing in Pakistan's Islamabad
- 4國際英語新聞:UN official calls for "genuine dialogue" to avoid confrontation in Middle East
- 5國際英語新聞:UN commemorates fallen colleagues in 2003 Baghdad attack
- 6國際英語新聞:Chinese tourists injured in bus accident in Moscow
- 7國際英語新聞:Clashes with Israeli soldiers in eastern Gaza wound 63 Palestinians: medics
- 8國際英語新聞:Fire guts Bangladesh plastic factory
- 9國際英語新聞:Interview: U.S. financial industry veteran optimistic about U.S.-China relations
- 10國內英語新聞:Shanghai issues orange alert as Typhoon Lekima lands