He Taught Us to Love
Russ was a lovable kid with a myriad of communication challenges a speech impediment, dyslexia, auditory and large motor problems. But today he is walking confidently, standing
[00:02.02]A New Toy for Curie’s Daughter
[00:06.62]Pierre Curie made a trip to London to receive the Davy Medal.
[00:11.09]This great honor had been awarded to Pierre and Marie by the Royal Societ
[00:02.13]My Friend, Albert Einstein
[00:04.96]He was one of the greatest scientists the world has ever known,
[00:09.99]yet if I had to convey the essence of Albert Einstein in a single word,
[00:03.45]Years ago, when I was working as a psychologist at a children's institution in England,
[00:10.88]an adolescent boy showed up in the waiting room. It was David.
[00:01.37]Flowers on the Bus
[00:04.31]We were a very motley crowd of people who took the bus every day
[00:09.56]that summer 33 years ago.
[00:11.65]During the early morning ride from the suburb
[00:01.69]The God in Youth: Michael Jordan
[00:05.51]The summer after ninth grade,
[00:08.68]Michael Jordan and Smith both went to Pop Herring’s basketball camp.
[00:13.73]In Smith’s mind there
[00:02.36]The Boy with the Billion-Dollar Secret懷有億萬美元秘密的男孩
[00:06.60]One day in 1965, when I was a librarian
[00:11.21]at View Ridge School in Seattle a fourth-grade teacher approached m
[00:03.75]In 1921, Lewis Lawes became the warden at Sing Sing Prison of New York State.
[00:12.08]No prison was tougher than Sing Sing during that time.
[00:01.80]Li Ka-shing and a Coin李嘉誠和一枚硬幣
[00:04.19]Once while trying to reach his car key,
[00:08.79]Li Ka-shing (East Asia’s richest man and generous philanthropist)
[00:14.15]dropped a t
[00:00.00]Most Beautiful People 英語智慧背囊
[00:10.66]The most beautiful people are those who have known defeat,
[00:15.46]suffering, struggle, loss,
[00:17.22]and have found their way out of the
[00:05.06]When I was growing up, I had an old neighbor named Dr. Gibbs.
[00:10.43]He was very nice, and never yelled at us for playing in his yard.
[00:04.54]This is kind of personal. It may get a little syrupy, so watch out.
[00:10.78]It started as a note to my wife.
[00:12.97]And then I thought that sinc
[00:02.02]How Napoleon Crossed the Alps拿破侖是怎樣越過阿爾卑斯山的
[00:04.74]In France there lived a great general whose name was Napoleon Bonaparte.
[00:11.53]He was the leader of the French army
[00:01.47]The Medal of Life生命的獎牌
[00:03.75]After giving a talk at a high school,
[00:07.49]I was asked to pay a visit to a special student.
[00:10.32]An illness had kept the boy home,
[00:01.81]Laughing Matter 一笑置之
[00:05.07]Cancer is no laughing matter,
[00:08.57]but a woman suffering through chemotherapy is rethinking that.
[00:11.75]Bonnie Southcott, of Ferndale, Washing
[00:00.00]A Better World 英語智慧背囊
[00:04.66]This is the true joy of life,
[00:08.05]being a force of nature to make the world a better place,
[00:11.76]instead of a selfish little clot,
[00:00.00]The Green Banana青香蕉
[00:05.07]My encounter with the green banana started on a steep mountain road in Brazil.
[00:11.31]My ancient jeep was zigzagging when the radiator began to leak.
[00:00.00]World of Smiles 微笑的世界
[00:06.17]About ten years ago
[00:09.12]when I was an undergraduate in college,
[00:11.42]I was working as an intern at my University’s Museum of Natural His
[00:00.00]Think it over 好好想想
[00:04.55]Today we have higherbuildings and wider highways,
[00:09.26]but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;
[00:12.75]We spend more, but enjoy less
[00:00.00]The Best Teacher I Ever Had 我遇到的最好的老師
[00:05.41]Mr. Whitson taught sixth-grade science.
[00:10.00]On the first day of class,
[00:12.09]he gave us a lecture about a creature calle
[00:00.00]An overcoat 一件大衣
[00:04.53]My l4-year-old son, John,
[00:07.60]and I spotted the coat simultaneously.
[00:10.22]It was hanging on a rack
[00:12.53]at a secondhand clothing store i
[00:00.00]Easter in Jackson 杰克遜的復活節
[00:05.25]The pounding rain began in the middle of the night.
[00:09.65]The people of Jackson,
[00:11.08]Ohio awoke to the sound then went back to sleep
[00:00.00]Salted Wisdom 鹽一樣的智慧
[00:04.53]A story tells about a senior villager
[00:08.34]who led other villagers carrying salt day and night to a town
[00:11.98]in order to trade barley as
[00:00.00]My First Poem 我寫的第一首詩
[00:05.73]When I was eight, I wrote my first poem.
[00:09.01]My mother read the little poem and poured out her praise.
[00:12.75]Why, this poem was nothing s
- 1每日一句 英語句子
- 3CRI聽力:Nighttime economy booms in China
- 5國內英語新聞:Feature: Over 470,000 people in Hong Kong say "no" to violence
- 6國內英語新聞:China, France should work together to uphold multilateralism: envoy
- 7國內英語新聞:China donates school bags, stationeries to Myanmar students
- 8國內英語新聞:Feature: Thousands gather in Sydney calling for end to violence in China's Hong Kong
- 9國內英語新聞:China offers financial support to deal with typhoon, flood, drought
- 10國際英語新聞:Spotlight: Southern Yemeni forces withdraw from gov't institutions after Saudi-led mediatio
- 1國際英語新聞:Clashes with Israeli soldiers in eastern Gaza wound 63 Palestinians: medics
- 2國際英語新聞:Fire guts Bangladesh plastic factory
- 3國際英語新聞:Interview: U.S. financial industry veteran optimistic about U.S.-China relations
- 4國內英語新聞:Shanghai issues orange alert as Typhoon Lekima lands
- 5國際英語新聞:Cambodia, Sri Lanka sign 2 deals to boost bilateral ties
- 6國際英語新聞:2 killed, 10 injured in clashes near presidential palace in Yemen's Aden
- 7國際英語新聞:2 killed, 6 injured in blast in SW Pakistan
- 8國際英語新聞:Texas mass shooting treated as domestic terrorism case: U.S. attorney
- 9國際英語新聞:Trump says Ratcliffe no longer his pick for national intelligence chief
- 10國際英語新聞:UN chief calls for "concrete plans" at climate summit in September